Hello folks posting a recipe after weeks. Well today is ଅଁଳା ନବମୀ or amla navmi , a festival dedicated to indian gooseberry plant.
There are many holy plants in Indian tradition and Indian gooseberry plant is one of them . So on this occasion odia people worship this particular plant and offer food without onion garlic to the Almighty God. Festivals , traditions are just a way to thank God for all the love and happiness he shower on us .
Recipe of Ambula Rai-
Dried mango – 10-20 pieces
Mustard seeds- 3 tbsp
Red chilli – 3
Chopped Ginger – 1tsp
Curd – one cup
Mustard Oil – 2 tbsp
Panchphoran -1 tbsp
Turmeric powder and red chilli powder – a pinch of
Sugar – 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
- Soak mustard seeds and 1 red chilli in water for atleast half an hour then make a thick paste out of it .
- Soak the dried mangoes in a cup of water for 10 -15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of mustard oil in a pan , add panchphoran , dried chilli , curry leaves and the mustard paste.
- Stir it for a minute then add half cup of water ,2tbsp sugar and salt as per taste , turmeric and red chilli powder.
- Then add the soaked dried mango and bring it into a boil then switch off the flame .
- Let it cool . Then mix 1 cup of well beaten curd with the dried mango and mustard gravy. And it’s done serve it with rice dal .