Today i am going to share how to make chicken biryani with you all. Biryani is a dish which has become so famous in every household now these days that we want to have it atleast once in every week. Personally i love to have biryani in my meal once in a while , whether it is vegetable or mushroom or chicken or mutton , though for some people veg biryani doesn’t exist. Okay fine !! Veg pulao it is. Basically one pot dishes are the best.
Here i am gonna share chicken biryani recipe. So that you can make it on your own and enjoy it. When aromatic spices releases their flavour in basmati rice and chicken , it’s like a treat to your eyes and taste bud.
Chicken biryani recipe-
Chicken 500 – 700gm
Basmati rice 400 gm
Ginger garlic paste 3-4 tbsp
Fried onions 1 cup
Red chilli powder
Cumin coriander powder
Garam masala powder
Fresh mint and coriander leaves
Saffron a pinch
Salt as per taste
Whole spices or saboot garam masala-
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Green cardamom 2-3
Star anise 1
Mace or javitri 1
Cinnamon stick 1
Bay leaf 1-2
Black pepper corns 4-5
Process of making biryani
- First clean chicken nicely. Then marinate it with 2 cups of yogurt or curd ,ginger garlic paste, 2 tsp of turmeric powder, 2-3 tbsp of red chili powder, 1 tbsp of cumin coriander powder, 1 tsp of garam masala, half cup of fried onion, 2-4 potato pieces , a bunch of mint and coriander leaves and salt as per taste for 1-2 hours.
- Soak basmati rice in water for an hour.
- Heat 3 tbsp of ghee and 2 tbsp of oil in a deep vessel .
- When oil gets heated add the marinated chicken. And cover it for 5-10 min in medium flame then turn the flame into low-medium.
- While chicken is on the stove heat 2 mugs of water into an another vessel.
- When water starts boiling add 1 tsp of ghee ,salt and those whole spices . (If you don’t want to chew those whole spices ,you can also make a potli of spices and put it in hot boiling water . After rice is done you can take out of that. )
- Now put soaked basmati rice into the hot boiling water . Rice shouldn’t be fully cooked . 70% cooked rice is perfect . It takes hardly 10-15min .
- Drain all the water and keep aside the half done rice.
- Now check the chicken gravy, stir it. When chicken is 90% done take half of chicken in another pot.
- Put some half cooked rice over the chicken gravy, add some fried onions, chopped mint and coriander leaves . Make an another layer like the first one.
- Heat half cup of milk and add pinch of crushed saffron , bring it into a boil and pour that liquid over the rice. This step is totally optional . If you have saffron then do it otherwise skip it. Or add only half cup of hot milk .
- Now cover the lid tightly and Cook for 5-7 min low flame.
- Open the lid and there you go.
- Any biryani is incomplete without rayeta so here is the process. For rayeta you need 2 cups of curd ,1 finely sliced onion , chopped coriander and chilli, salt as per taste . Mix it everything nicely and rayeta is done.