Last week when i went to the local market , i saw an old man selling some fresh ripen pineapple. The smell was so good that i couldn’t resist myself and finally bought some. After all fresh produce has it’s own charm. And the very next day i baked a pineapple cake in a pressure cooker which was absolutely delicious . If you spot some fresh pineapples on your way then don’t forget to grab it and make some yummy pineapple cakes for you and your family.
Egg less pineapple cream cake
250 gms of chopped pineapple
5-6 tbsp of sugar
1.5 cups of powdered sugar
1.5 cups of all purpose flour or maida
1/2 tbsp of baking powder
1/4th tbsp of baking soda
3/4th cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of yogurt
1/2 cup of milk
2 tbsp of vanilla essence
- pineapple cream
1 cup full fat cream
3/4th cup of powdered sugar
3 tbsp of caramelized pineapple
- First we need to make caramelized pineapple so that we can use that in the cake. For that we need to heat a non stick pan. add sugar and let it melt then add chopped pineapple pieces.
Stir it in between . Cook it for 7-9 minutes on low-medium flame. Keep it aside and let it cool.
- Now preheat the pressure cooker for 10 minutes on medium flame.( for preheating the pressure cooker spread some salt or sand inside it and take out the rubber and whistle)
- In the mean while prepare the cake batter . Take the flour, baking powder, baking soda and strain it with a strainer. Take a bowl and mix the oil, yogurt, milk, vanilla essence, powdered sugar, 4-6 tbsp of caramelized pineapple, nicely. Then add the flour mixture slowly with cut and fold method. Our cake batter is ready.
- Grease the cake tin with oil or butter . Pour the cake batter and spread it evenly. Tap cake tin on the kitchen top before placing it in pressure cooker.
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker and place it carefully . Bake it for 35 minutes on low-medium flame. Check it with the help of a toothpick whether the cake is ready or not , if the toothpick comes out clean then its ready otherwise cook it for extra 5-10 minutes. Even if the cake is ready dont take out from the cooker for 30 minutes just switchoff the flame. Let it cool.
- For making the whipped cream take one clean dry bowl , add the full fat cream and whisk it with an electric whisker for 5-6 minutes or you can whisk it on your hand too but that will take time plus some extra effort. add the powdered sugar and caramelized pineapple and mix it properly.
- Spread it evenly on the pineapple cake and its done. serve chilled.