In this busy world where everyone is super busy with their life it became quite difficult to include nutritional food in our diet. But what if we can create a beautiful simple dish which is tasty as well as nutritious. Today i am going to share a recipe from my mother’s top dishes. I remember whenever she was busy in her work she used to feed us munga saga or moringa leaves cooked with green gram or yellow moong dal , rice and some mashed potato and we kids just love those , never showed tantrums while eating. I hope this post can help you planning your lunch menu.
Green gram cooked with Moringa leaves
You can prepare this dish with both yellow Moong dal and green gram. But in yellow moong dal case use dry roasted dal and cook it for 1 whistle in a pressure cooker.
200 gm of green gram
2 handful of cleaned Moringa leaves
1 tbsp of mustard seeds
3-4 crushed garlic pods
3 red dried chilies
2 tbsp of mustard oil
1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder
600 ml of water
salt as per taste
- Heat water in a pressure cooker add washed green gram , turmeric powder and salt as per taste. Cook it on low medium flame for 4-5 whistle.
- Let it cool and check whether the dal became soft or not , if not you can cook it for another 1-2 whistle.
- Heat mustard oil in a kadhai add mustard seeds, garlic, red dried chilies and moringa leaves.
- Add salt as per taste and give it a nice stir then cover it with a lid on a low medium flame . cook it for 7-10 mins , stir in between .
- Open the lid and add 1/2 cup of water and let it simmer.
- Pour the cooked green gram dal cooked earlier into the kadhai and bring it into a boil. And it’s done.
- Remember we have already added salt while cooking dal , don’t add too much salt in Moringa leaves. This dish tastes best with rice.