Modak a sweet offered to lord Ganesha on the occasion of Ganesh Charturthi is a famous sweet from India. Traditionally it is made from rice flour, jaggery, coconut and it is known as ukadiche modak , which is offered to the lord mostly in Maharastra . However, now a days one can find varieties of modak easily in Indian market. Today i will share how to make instant mawa or khoya modak which is super easy. If you like the recipe don’t forget to try and let me know your experience. Happy Ganesh chaturthi all .
Instant Mawa Modak RecipeCuisine: Indian, maharastran
1/2 glass of milk
1 tsp of ghee or melted butter
1 glass of amul milk powder or any sweeten milk powder
2 tbsp of powdered sugar
1/2 tsp of cardamom powder
1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
5-6 chopped almond or any dry fruit of your choice
- Heat ghee in a non stick pan add milk and let it boil.
- Add cardamom powder and amul milk powder. after adding milk powder stir it continuously for around 10 mins. There should not be any lumps in the mixture.
- Stir it until the mixture started taking shape . Switch of the flame and take it out from the pan . Let it cool.
- Add powdered sugar and mix it properly using your hand and make a dough out of it.
- Then grease little bit of oil or ghee in a modak mould and put that instant mawa in both the side of modak mould and put the desiccated coconut and dry fruit mixture at the center. close the mould and press it hard , take out the extra mawa that comes out of the modak mould.
- Open the mould and take out the instant mawa modak from the mould. And its done.
- If you dont have modak mould you can try that modak shape in your hand too. Just take it some instant mawa and make a ball out of it , spread it little bit , put the dry fruits mixture and close it gently. give the modak shape with the help of a fork or butter knife . Otherwise you can prepare it in peda shapes too.