Winter season has arrived and along with that winter vegetables are also started arriving at the local markets.One of the main reason why i love winter. Yesterday when mother asked me to prepare a mix veg , i simply grabbed some cauliflower florets , capsicum, carrots, pointed gourd ,potatoes and quickly made a rustic curry. And guess what , mother loved it. It felt like mission accomplished !! after having my lunch i also felt this mix veg has to be on my winter special food menu. so, today i will share my winter special mix veg curry. i hope you will give it a try and if you like the dish then don’t forget to share with me.
Mix vegetables curry (winter special)Course: MainCuisine: Indian
10-15 cauliflower florets
5 -6 pointed gourd
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tbsp of cumin and coriander powder
salt as per taste
- Ingredients for masala paste
2 tbsp poppy seeds( soak in water for 30 min before using)
1 big onion
1 inch ginger
6-8 garlic cloves
1-2 green chilies
half cup of water
- Cut all the vegetables into pieces and clean it in water.
- Heat 2 cups of oil in kadhai and deep fry all the vegetables except capsicum separately until veggies become light golden color.
- In the mean while put all the ingredients for masala paste in a mixer and blend it.
- Take out the extra oil from the kadhai , we only need 2-3 tbsp of oil.
- Add 1 bay leaf and cumin seeds , when the seeds started crackling add the masala paste and cook it for around 10 min. add all the dry spices along with salt.
- Mix it nicely and add half cup of water . cook the gravy for 2-4 min by covering it.
- Open the lid , if oil started separating from the gravy add all the fry vegetables along with capsicum.
- Mix it well and add 1 cup of water cook it for another 6-10 min in medium flame.
- Switch off the gas and serve it hot with rice or chapati.
- If you want to go healthy you can shallow fry the veggies instead of deep frying.