If we talk about vegetarian indian dishes , then indian cuisine is incomplete without indian cottage cheese or paneer. Paneer which is rich in protein is quite a healthy dish. There are many dishes can be made from paneer , like panner masala, panner tikka , butter paneer, paneer pakoda , etc etc . Today i am going to share a paneer recipe which is really easy and simple but full of flavours. The creamy gravy goes very well with any rice dishes or roti or naan. So if you like the dish then don’t forget to give it a try , i am sure you would love it.
SHAHI PANEER | HOW TO MAKE SHAHI PANEERCuisine: Indian
200 gm diced paneer pieces
1 cup of tomato puree
2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste
3 tbsp of cashew paste
1 boiled potato ( optional )
1 tsp haldi or turmeric
1 1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp Everest shahi paneer masala ( you can use other brands too)
1 tbsp of ghee
2 tbsp of veg oil
1 glass of water
1 tsp of sugar
salt as per taste
- Marinate the paneer pieces with little bit of turmeric, chili powder and salt for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan and fry the paneer pieces in it until paneer becomes golden brown in color. After paneer is done, take it out from the pan and keep it aside.
- Add sugar and let it caramelize, then add tomato puree. Now add salt and stir it for 3 minutes, then add ginger garlic paste.
- Give it a gentle stir , then add all the spices. Mix it well and cook it until oil started separating from the gravy . Add little bit of water and let it simmer.
- Now add cashew paste and chopped coriander . Mix it well for 3-4 min then add the fried paneer cubes . You can add potato as well. if you are using boiled potato then just fry it little bit in oil before adding it to the gravy.
- Stir it for 2 minutes then add water and let it simmer. Cook it for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle some chopped coriander before switching off the stove. serve it hot.