Christmas is just around the corner and how can i not share a cake recipe in the blog for my readers! winters is my favourite season among all the seasons and it has reason too. i like the winter wind, clear starry cold nights , stories of Santa bringing gifts to well behaved children and yes a Christmas cake. One day back i had tried to bake an egg less chocolate almond cake in a pressure cooker and the result was amazing. So today i will be sharing the recipes with you so that you guys too have a beautiful Christmas eve with your friends and families. But before posting the recipe i would like to wish merry Christmas and happy new year to all of you who are celebrating.
Chocolate Almond cakeCourse: Dessert
2 cups of maida or all purpose flour
2 tbsp of coco powder
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of curd
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
2 tbsp of butter
1tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of vanilla essence
1 cup melted dark chocolate
handful of chopped almond
- First take some sand or salt in a pressure cooker and spread it evenly. Take out the whistle from the lid and preheat the cooker for 10 minutes by covering it with the lid.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate with the help of a double boiler by adding 1 tbsp of butter.
- Take a clean bowl and add curd, oil, sugar, vanilla essence. whisk it continuously for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add strained all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and coco powder. mix it nicely with cut and fold method.
- Add 1 cup of warm milk, almond and again mix it .
- Check the chocolate, give it a stir. If the chocolate had melted down add it to cake batter. Now mix it with a whisker so that there should not be any lumps.
- Take the cake tin, spread a thin layer of butter evenly. Dust little bit of all purpose flour. Now pour the cake batter , put some almond pieces and put it into the cooker.
- Close the lid,bake the cake for first 5 mins in medium high flame and next 45 minutes in low-medium flame. Check the cake with the help of a toothpick. If the toothpick comes clean out of the cake, cake is done. If not cook it for more 5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and take out cake when the pressure cooker cool down. And the chocolate almond cake is ready to eat.
- Remember take a clean and dry bowl for chocolate melting purpose.